[packman] Blender that supports x264, etc

Jimmy Berry jimmy at boombatower.com
Tue Nov 3 07:42:47 CET 2015

I branched obs package, merged in previous packman build changes to
enable ffmpeg, and cleaned up a bit. I was able to successfully build
for Tumbleweed x86_64. When I installed locally the package worked
great and I was able to use features that depend on ffmpeg which I am
unable to do in the obs version.

See for successful build:
https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/binaries/home:boombatower:branches:Extra/blender-update?repository=openSUSE_Tumbleweed

Unfortunately, the majority of the time the packman obs instance seems
to just loop trying to build the package since it ends up terminating
the build process at some random percentage through the build. It
seems like it is running out of ram. The previous build on packman had
the following memory _constraint:

    <physicalmemory>
      <size unit="M">1700</size>
    </physicalmemory>

I upped to 2000, but then it seems to never be scheduled. I am
assuming none of the packman workers have that much ram?

If so does anyone have suggestions for different build flags to
possibly reduce ram usage during compile or acquire a more powerful
worker or two?

--
Jimmy