[packman] compiler starts crashing in PMBS

Olav Reinert seroton10 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 22:24:47 CEST 2015

On Monday 18 May 2015 10.40:25 Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Sun, May 17, Stefan Botter wrote:
> > I cannot believe that both machines should have hardware problems,
> > showing them at the same time. There are no panics in the logs.
>
> This could be a Xen/KVM or kernel bug, no idea which kernel is running
> in the VM. Right now all of the ICEs are on oqr-wk2.

Hi Olaf (and Stefan),

Currently, gpac for 11.4 on x86_64 fails to build with an internal compiler
error. I am at a loss why it fails on openSUSE 11.4 x86_64. Given the large
number of packages the worker builds successfully, I doubt there's
something wrong with it. But I have cleared its caches anyway, to make it
download all build dependencies again - perhaps that helps.

Interestingly, gpac also fails for SLE_11 on x86_64, but it reports two 64-bit
portability issues instead of an ICE. Could it be that it's the same error
tripping up 11.4, but appearing in two different ways?

Regards,
Olav