[packman] dcadec and FFmpeg

Martin Herkt 9 at cirno.systems
Sat Mar 21 16:31:02 CET 2015

Someone has written an LGPLv2-licensed DTS decoder with support for HD
extensions, and two days ago support for it was added to FFmpeg (previously,
FFmpeg was unable to decode DTS-HD Master Audio in a lossless way). This is
likely to be included with one of the upcoming FFmpeg releases, so I figured
it’d be a good idea to let you know in advance.

The project can be found here: https://github.com/foo86/dcadec

For now, I’ve contributed some rudimentary Makefile changes upstream that
should make packaging easy enough, but there may be some remaining issues.

Support in FFmpeg is enabled with the --enable-libdcadec compile-time switch.