[packman] where did smplayer2 go?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 9 06:58:51 CET 2015

Karsten Keil composed on 2015-03-07 12:56 (UTC+0100):

> schrieb Felix Miata:

>> I have it installed here on 13.1, preferable to VLC for file types I
>> typically use. I tried to install it on anyother system, and zypper cannot
>> find it. Neither can https://software.opensuse.org/, for any release. Has
>> smplayer-14 replaced it?

> Yes - so far I know. smplayer now can use MPlayer mplayer2 and mpv as
> backend, so here is no need to have smplayer2, which was a frontend for
> mplayer2. Current default is mpv - if not overwritten by an local config
> file.

I've been using smplayer with mpv on 13.1 and TW on a 2.67GHZ Core2Duo and
Radeon PCIe since getting several private and public responses Saturday. It's
mostly good. Video and sound work well, but with the default skin and DVB
satellite transport streams I've been playing, dragging the progress button
usually doesn't have any effect, springing back either to wherever it was, or
to the start, on release. Only the buttons on either end will reliably
advance or reverse, and only by tiny increments, which when a large position
change is wanted, takes a really really long time, a ton of clicking, and a
lot of mouse movement to undo when overshoot occurs.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/