[packman] Join the Packman Team

Antoine Belvire antoine.belvire at laposte.net
Mon Jan 26 16:40:38 CET 2015

Stefan Botter:
 > Your account is confirmed now.
 > Just out of curiosity, why don't you put that in OBS? Is there a legal
 > reason?

Thank you Stefan :)

Yes, I think there is a legal problem because the TrueCrypt License is
blacklisted on obs afaik.

First I thought that GostCrypt had managed to throw that TrueCrypt
License away, that's why I built something down there:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=home%3A1Antoine1&package=gostcrypt

But this TrueCrypt License is more sticky than I expected and a member
of the GostCrypt project has confirmed me that the remaining code from
TrueCrypt inside GostCrypt is still under the TrueCrypt License. Even if
GostCrypt developers are progressively replacing the code and putting
new code under GPL-3.0.

That's why I'm trying to transfer what I have done on obs to pmbs. I
think that it may be accepted here, as RealCrypt (another fork of
TrueCrypt) was built by Packman too.

Do you think it's possible? I have made a submit request to Extra:
https://pmbs.links2linux.de/request/show/1582

Regards,

Antoine