[packman] Silverlight substitute for OpenSUSE 13.1?

Freek de Kruijf f.de.kruijf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 23:52:01 CET 2015

Op dinsdag 13 januari 2015 16:42:59 schreef Felix Miata:
> Freek de Kruijf composed on 2015-01-13 22:30 (UTC+0100):
> >> I also found pipelight that uses a modified version of wine and uses the
> >> windows silverlight plugin. This can be found in repos for 13.1, but not
> >> from any source I recognize but 7 individuals have made binaries
> >> available.
> >> If this is good software, why doesn't packman make binaries available?
> >
> > The recommended version is from:
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/DarkPlayer:/Pipelight/
> > choose the one for your system.
>
> I see there each arch has wine* packages. Are these and the rest of wine
> optional, or required for Darkplayer's pipelight package to function?

Other packages are pulled in after installing the pipelight package. After
installation you have to give  a few line mode commands to be able to use
pipelight, which means going to a website with Firefox that uses the
Silverlight protocol.
These commands as root are:
pipelight-plugin --enable silverlight
and after an update