[packman] Silverlight substitute for OpenSUSE 13.1?

David Kronlid david at kronlid.net
Tue Jan 13 13:11:30 CET 2015

Hi almighty and all-knowing list, ;-)

I am wondering if there is anything silverlight compatible that works for
OpenSUSE 13.1? And if so, does packman make it available?

I have seen a project called moonlight, but it's outdated and only
compatible with silverlight 4 and earlier, and I have found no binaries
available from reliable sources for OpenSUSE 13.1.
Why did the development stop?
If development didn't stop, why isn't it used any longer by OpenSUSE or
packman repos?

I also found pipelight that uses a modified version of wine and uses the
windows silverlight plugin. This can be found in repos for 13.1, but not
from any source I recognize but 7 individuals have made binaries available.
If this is good software, why doesn't packman make binaries available?

The biggest question of course is why Microsoft doesn't make a silverlight
version for Linux, but you don't need to answer that, it's just a
rhetorical question.