[packman] phonon-backend-vlc

Wolfgang Bauer e9325712 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 29 12:15:34 CEST 2014

Am Montag, 29. September 2014, 12:02:33 schrieb Lorenzo Porta:
> Then, I reactivated the building for all distros because the
> package in the official repositories is not appropriate for packman vlc:
The package from the official repos works fine here with Packman's VLC, ever
since 13.1 was released.
Why is it not appropriate?

> it's built against the official "vlc-devel" package/libraries that are
> different from packman vlc packages/libraries (if you don't trust me, just
> verify that by yourselves using at least "diff" and "size").
Of course, they are a different version.
13.1 has VLC 2.1.0 (2.1.3 in the update repo), whereas Packman has 2.1.5 at
the moment.
But it should be compatible, as those are only bugfix updates.

Still, thank you for your work, I appreciate it!

Especially when VLC 2.2.0 is released, the phonon-backend-vlc should be built
against it specifically. Not only for stability, but also for additional
features like the Equalizer in particular.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang