[packman] FFmpeg 2.3 and vlc-beta (fourth attempt)

LB aloisio at gmx.com
Wed Oct 29 13:24:33 CET 2014

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ...> writes:

> LB <aloisio <at> ...> writes:
>
> > I tried ffmpeg 2.4 but it breaks too many things
>
> Please do not use FFmpeg 2.3
> To the best of my knowledge, recompiling an application
> with FFmpeg 2.4 that works with 2.3 is supposed to work
> fine, if you encounter any problems, please report them!
>
> Carl Eugen

Unfortunately vlc 2.1.5 would stop working. We can't have that, can we?

BTW, given the problems with using a shared library, I think I can either
rename it to libvlc5-beta or libvlc6. Neither option is optimal, but I don't
see any other solution.

If nobody is opposed I think I'll go with the second ugly option in a few days.