[packman] MPD - Updated to version 0.19.3 - libwrap issue.

LB aloisio at gmx.com
Wed Nov 19 17:13:24 CET 2014

On Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 3:24 PM Malcolm <malcolmlewis at cableone.net> wrote:

> Hi
> I've gone through and updated mpd in my home project, cleaned out the
> unused patches and rebased the ones still present, also cleaned up the
> systemd bits.
>
> However it won't build with libwrap enabled.
>
> It fails with an undefined reference here;
>  http://paste.opensuse.org/90dc1f26
>
> Maybe someone can offer some guidance on this, is it a linking order
> issue?
>
> Anyway, at present I've disabled this option and put it up on PMBS, but>
> am reluctant to SR in this state as unsure of libwraps requirements for
> folks? Plus home doesn't publish for folks to test... (or can that be
> enabled?)
>
> Or should I SR?
>
> Package build link;
> https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/show/home:malcolmlewis:branches:Essentials/mpd[https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package
> /show/home:malcolmlewis:branches:Essentials/mpd]

I had given it a try myself but hit a snag pretty soon.

Two things: according to http://www.musicpd.org/doc/user/install_source.html libmpdclient is also a requirement
but it's in Multimedia. I haven't tried, but it might be a good idea to see what happens if you link against it.

Also 0.9.14 is out, so one should work directly on that.

Good luck.