[packman] strigi from Packman?

Cristian Morales Vega reddwarf at opensuse.org
Fri Mar 7 23:24:52 CET 2014

On 7 March 2014 21:25, Malte Gell <malte.gell at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 07.03.2014 08:27, schrieb Stefan Botter:
>> Hi Malte,
>>
>> On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 00:06:18 +0100
>> Malte Gell <malte.gell at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>> What makes strigi from Packman different from openSUSE strigi?
>>
>> After a short glimpse in the spec file I would say, the only difference
>> is that Packman's strigi is compiled with ffmpeg.
>
> Why would strigi benefit from ffmpeg? For indexing files, does it need
> more than just file names and comments or KDE rating settings?

* I want to find the song "I love this song" from the album "And oh,
is such a great album", but I know all the files are named
Track##.mp3.
* I want to find that great song from that album, I don't remember the
name, but it was quite long. Let's search for the songs longer than
five minutes.
* I don't remember anything about that stupid video. But Mike, who is
American, sent it to me. So I can search for a video at NTSC frame
rate.