[packman] [PM] cinelerra 2.2git.2013.09.09-1.56 (openSUSE Factory/i586)

Dmitriy Perlow dap at open.by
Thu Jun 5 20:51:03 CEST 2014

Terje J. Hanssen <terje at nordland-teknikk.no>  Mon, 02 Jun 2014 23:42:56
+0300:

> Den 02. juni 2014 17:26, skrev Dmitriy Perlow:
>> Terje J. Hanssen <terje at nordland-teknikk.no>  Mon, 02 Jun 2014 15:12:24
>> +0300:
>>
>>> Den 01. juni 2014 16:04, skrev Dmitriy Perlow:
>>>
>>> Terje J. Hanssen <terje at nordland-teknikk.no> Sun, 01 Jun 2014 00:53:38
>>> +0300:
>>>
>>> Den 31. mai 2014 23:16, skrev Dmitriy Perlow:
>>>
>>> Terje J. Hanssen <terje at nordland-teknikk.no> Thu, 29 May 2014 22:24:15
>>> +0300:
>>>
>>> Hello Team,
>>>
>>> As the renewed, upcoming Cinelerra.2014 from Cinelerra.org will be
>>> based on HV
>>> Cinelerra 4.x and stabilized on Ubuntu and CentOS, I hope and want to
>>> suggest
>>> that the Packman Team also will be able to offer this version and rpm
>>> packages
>>> for openSUSE.
>>> http://cinelerra.org/1/
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Terje J. Hanssen
>>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/heroines/files/cinelerra-4.5-src.tar.xz/download
>>> ?
>>>

>>> http://cinelerra.org/1/index.php/2014-05-19-23-58-00/downloads
>>>
>>> It provides links to 4.5 and git. What should be packaged?
>>>

>>> Here is also the url to my old request for HV Cinelerra 4 since April
>>> 2009, in
>>> case that thread can be of any interest now.
>>> http://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2009-April/006997.html
>>>
>>> Terje
>>
>> OK. Finally does cinelerra-4.5-src.tar.xz provide something really
>> different from git build from packman?
>>

> Well, as far as understand, Cinelerra-CV has not actually kept up with
> developement of HV-Cinelerra since version 4.0 released 8/8/2008
> http://heroinewarrior.com/cinenews.php
> Wkipedia compares some of the release history up to July 9, 2012
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinelerra#History
>
> The latest news about Cinelerra-CV is version 2.2 released Nov 13, 2011,
> which talks for itself
> http://cinelerra-cv.org/index.php
> Since that, HV-Cinelerra 4.4 has been released 9/7/2012 and HV-Cinelerra
> 4.5 released 10/31/2013, with the following news
> http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php#news
>
> The new Cinelerra 2014 project, which also includes the Cinelerra
> originator (HV), promotes more developement power into a stabilized and
> updated Cinelerra with real users and artists in focus.
>

> Terje

cinelerra-4.5-src.tar.xz can't be built at openSUSE because of "ld: cannot
find ltermcap" issue. There are no such library for Fedora and
Debian/Ubuntu at all so it also can't be built for them. There are no
upstream issue tracker. There are no upstream build how to.

Another link (to git) has already been packaged. There are no other
sources so there will be no other packages. Sorry. If upstream uploads
other sources I'll check them.

--
Best regards,
Dmitriy DA(P).DarkneSS Perlow @ Linux x64