[packman] Error with libvlccore7-2.1.2-187.1.i586.rpm

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 17 08:49:33 CET 2014

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 20:48:32 +0200
Michael Müller <mueller.michael at posteo.de> wrote:
> I’m not pretty shure, if I’m right to write you, that there might be
> a problem with Packman-Repo at least at jacobs-university.de.
>
> I wanted to install libvlccore7 package, but my computer said that
> the file was not found, so I looked it up in the browser and found
> the package but instead of libvlccore7-2.1.2-186.1.i586.rpm  (what my
> computer was looking for) I found libvlccore7-2.1.2-187.1.i586.rpm  .
> So could it be, that during the last update (12. Jan) the filelist
> was not updated, so that my computer is searching for the wrong file?
>
> I’m talking about the folling folder:
> http://packman.jacobs-university.de/suse/openSUSE_13.1/Essentials/i586/

Right now it looks fine, but I cannot vouch for the time you mentioned
the occurrence.
_Usualy_ repo generation and syncing just works, but I can imagine a
scenario where things go wrong:
You have a rather slow download connection, and between the time you
are downloading the repo description and download the actual rpm the
mirror got updated. The slow connection is just a guess, it is not a
requirement for this scenario, just hitting the "right" time is.

The packman mirror at Jacobs University Bremen is updated once every
hour, so this might happen.

Hope that helps,

Stefan
--