[packman] Viber

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 09:51:24 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Redistributing it is one thing, but isn't it possible to link it like
> in the repo link $package http://3rdparty/$package so actually one
> would download it from 3rdparty using the link?

No, it requires to have the file in the repository.
As far as I remember, zypper will not follow redirects to another
domain for security reasons, but that could be checked pretty easily.

The problem in the first place is that Viber only provides deb packages
for Ubuntu, and not RPMs to begin with.

Would require some sort of wrapper package. We've done that for a few
things, it's quite some work, but... myeah, that might be one way of doing it.
I might have a shot at it later today.

cheers,
Pascal