[packman] libxine2-1.2.3 breaks DVB audio

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sat Feb 15 00:27:21 CET 2014

Am Freitag, 14. Februar 2014, 01:06:33 schrieb Malte Gell:
> Am 13.02.2014 22:14, schrieb Manfred Tremmel:
> >> libxine2-1.2.3-89.3.x86_64 from Packman has trouble with DVB audio.
> >
> > It's not patched, so it's a upstream thing. I'll try to find the
> > problem, but my time is very limited.
>
> Oh, that would be great! Thanks. I guess many DVB users switch to XBMC
> and so this issue might not have been discovered by many.

I'll let you know, when I find something useable.

> >> I just reported to the xine mailing list, I hope they can debug
> >> this
> >> issue. But, to me the xine mailing list looks pretty dead....
> >
> > It's not match traffic there, a little bit more action is in xine-
> > devel at lists.sourceforge.net
>
> I´m sure, people who read xine-devel are also subscribed to xine-user.
> I am just surprised how silent it is there. Has xine lost some of its
> popularity?

I think so. The xine-ui doesn't integrate in modern uis, kaffeine for
KDE3 was great, especially as DVB-Viewer, but KDE3-times are over.
Kaffeine for KDE4 never reached the functionality or usability of it's
predecessor and last release was years ago, the homepage is broken for
some times, I don't think there is any active developments. Other
frontends don't show much live, the overview of http://www.xine-project.org/releases links to a lot of dead projects. xine isn't dead,
but it isn't realy alive, I think. Other video players/frameworks like
vlc, the gstreamer framework or xbmc have made the race.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/