[packman] History of Packman

Marc Schiffbauer marc at links2linux.de
Wed Feb 12 15:33:42 CET 2014

Hi Hartmut,

ich just found that mail ;)

I think it was back in 1999 when we started to package some software
for SuSE Linux.

The "initial team" which grew rather quickly later on was Waldemar
Brodkorb who had the initial idea and me.

Are there any special reasons why you want(ed) to know?

Regards
-Marc

* Hartmut schrieb am 23.11.13 um 23:32 Uhr:
>Hi Bruno,
>
>thanks for that link, that is the look when I had my first contact with
>Packman. But what I'm looking for is the time, the Packman-team got
>together and the motivation and the dificulties and so on. The mailing
>list from December 2002 is very interesting, but does not tell how they
>got together and how they got Packman starting.
>
>Reagrds,
>
>Hartmut
>
>Am 23.11.2013 21:31, schrieb Bruno Friedmann:
>> On Thursday 21 November 2013 18.30:46 Hartmut wrote:
>>> Dear Packman-Team,
>>>
>>> are there any web-pages about the history of Packman?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Hartmut
>>>
>> You could have some snapshots form wayback
>> http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://packman.links2linux.org/
>>

>--

0x35A64134 - 8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317
             3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134