[packman] enable openSUSE 13.1

Marguerite Su i at marguerite.su
Tue Oct 15 08:38:37 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a at gmx.de> wrote:
> Are you sure? AFAIK you can build against "factory-snapshot" like this:
>   <repository name="openSUSE_Factory">
>     <path project="openSUSE:Factory" repository="snapshot"/>
>     <arch>i586</arch>
>     <arch>x86_64</arch>
>   </repository>

Yes I'm kinda sure. check out here:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/meta/openSUSE:Factory

It's just a string "snapshot" with its plain meaning, I think.

Because there're other strings: standard, images, ports.

But there're no such related repositories like factory-ports factory-standard...

Actually they don't even exist before the release, that is, only
released products have images and standard repository flag.

And you must check out how frequent openSUSE:Factory updates and how
frequent download.o.o/factory-snapshot updates, they're not a same
frequency (I think).

And to my experience, the "snapshot" you mentioned is the only flag
you can use on creating Factory build targets. You can't change it to
"factory" or "standard" or "tested". But I didn't check that myself.

> And currently it is the same like the upcomming 13.1.

No, They're not the same. The upcomming 13.1 will be openSUSE:13.1

And that branch has been created weeks before.

openSUSE:Factory is now going towards 13.2.

What you're following will be openSUSE 13.2 M1 instead of openSUSE 13.1 Final.

Marguerite