[packman] SLE 11

Christian chris at computersalat.de
Sun Nov 17 19:21:10 CET 2013

Am 16.11.2013 23:30, schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
> We have "SLE-11-SP2", "SLE_11" and "SLE_11_SP3".
> By definition, a package built against SLE_11 will work in SLE_11_SP3.
>
> So can we disable the builds for SP2 and SP3 by default, and only
> enable them in a per-package basis? I just did a quick count and I
> think there are only FIVE packages building against SP2 or SP3 which
> don't build against SLE_11.
SLE_11 is 'GA' and is obsolete.
so you should at least use SLE_11_SP1 to build against.

And just one question left:
Why is 'obs' (b.o.o) offering three (SP1-3) to build against, when it
would be enough to build just against 'GA' ???
AFAIK the different SLE_11 are NOT binary compatible. darix told me.

Cheers
 Chris

--

Christian