[packman] GStreamer on 13.1

Richard Brown RBrownCCB at opensuse.org
Mon Nov 11 15:12:08 CET 2013

Hi all,

I've been testing Packmans Gstreamer packages on 13.1 (aka Build 0091),
especially the standard plugins needed for proprietary media formats,
good/bad/ugly/libav and such.

With the current Packman packages in your 13.1 repos, we seem to hit a
problem which make your packages unusable - the userspace tools (eg.
Totem) appear to be requiring gstreamer version 1.0.x, but as Packman
provides 1.2.x, there’s currently no way to play proprietary media on
13.1

If you try, you often just get the auto solver pop up, and then
subsequently freak out when it tries to install both 1.0.x and 1.2.x and
they conflict with each other

Can we get all the packages for 13.1 set to gstreamer 1.0.x, or find out
what's really going on?

If you need to download 13.1 to test this, you can pick up the gold
master from the two links below
http://openqa.opensuse.org/openqa/factory/iso/openSUSE-13.1-DVD-i586-Build0091-Media.iso
http://openqa.opensuse.org/openqa/factory/iso/openSUSE-13.1-DVD-x86_64-Build0091-Media.iso

Thanks