[packman] x264 10-bit Update

Kalileo kalileo at universalx.net
Thu Mar 7 16:02:19 CET 2013

Marguerite Su <i <at> marguerite.su> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Kalileo <kalileo at ...> wrote:
[smip]

> Hi, Kalileo,
>
> So seems Thomas didn't update the link on forum.
>
> x264 10-bit depth has been disabled again.
>
> I just encode video for video sites, so I didn't research too much on
> mobile devices.
>
> Sorry about the inconveninence.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Marguerite

Hi Marguerite,

thanks, that is good news!

Now I see that http://packman.links2linux.org/package/libx264
shows a new upload from a few hours
ago.

I have installed it, however, as I access libx264 through ffmpeg,
unfortunately I still get the error
"x264 [error]: main profile doesn't support a bit depth of 10".

I assume that ffmpeg on Packman ( http://packman.links2linux.org/package/ffmpeg )
 includes libx264 statically, so it would be required to also update ffmpeg to include
the new libx264.

May I kindly ask to also update the Packman ffmpeg to include the 8 bit libx264 ?

Thank you and best regards,
Kalileo