[packman] PBMS state ATM

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Thu Jul 11 22:17:12 CEST 2013

Am Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2013, 16:10:22 schrieb Stefan Botter:

> There are now two possibilities to go:
> - start from scratch, have all users register again, and restore
> packages from src.rpm's, while cleaning up the projects, or

Maybe a start from scratch could be a chance to get rid of the
unmaintaned packages. We should cleanup ftp server and Packman
Homepage/Database, too. I've checked out all my packages and it wouldn't
be so much work to check it into a new PMBS instance.

> - try to restore the api database through a step-wise update through
> 2.0, 2.1, 2.3 to 2.4 in the hope, that the data are preserved well.

If you are able to get it running ok, otherwise back to the other
option.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/