[packman] [PMBS] SR 311 Essentials/x264

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Thu Nov 1 17:05:03 CET 2012

Am Donnerstag, 1. November 2012, 11:42:53 schrieb PMBS:
> New submit request 311 on x264 by marguerite
> https://pmbs.links2linux.org/request/show/311
>
> [please accept after gpac] build with gpac, ffmpeg and ffms2 for
> 11.4/12.1/12.2/Tumbleweed/Factory. it requires packages' aggravations
> or <path repository="openSUSE_XX" project="Multimedia"/> for those
> targets in Essentials' meta.

I'm not sure, if ths cycling dependency (ffmpeg needs x264 to build,
x264 needs ffmpeg to build) is such a good idea. PMBs shouldn't have a
problem when both packages are build once, but whenever we add a new
Build-Target, it will fail to solve dependencies.

Therefore I've allways build x264 binary without ffmpeg support. The
only clean way to solve this is, to split x264 into two package one for
the libs and devel package only without dependency to ffmpeg and one
only to build the x264 executeable with ffmpeg dependency.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/