[packman] Package update workflow?

Stefan Seyfried stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com
Thu May 17 10:53:01 CEST 2012

Hi Cristian,

Am 10.05.2012 22:17, schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:

>> IMHO: go ahead and add them. But don't publish them, just keep "Use for
>> Build" checked. So people cannot fsck up their SLES with these rpm
>> packages (and to use the built packages, they should not need the
>> patched RPM).
>
> Done for 11.1 and SLE 11 SP2. I would need the sources of the RPM from
> SLE 11 GM (4.4.2.3-37.8) to finish it.

I don't have the SLE11 GM source DVD in my collection and with a
reasonably exhaustive search I was not able to locate it on the SUSE and
Novell websites. Which is easily explained by SLES11 GM being out of
maintainance now.

But for our usecase (just using rpm for building packages), we should be
more than fine just using the SP1 package also for SLES11 GM.

If this really doesn't work out, I can try harder to locate a GM source
ISO (one of my co-workers surely has one hidden somewhere ;-)

Best regards,

	Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"