[packman] Package update workflow?

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Sat May 5 11:40:39 CEST 2012

On 2012-05-04 23:49:27 (+0200), Manfred Tremmel <manfred at links2linux.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2012, 18:36:26 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:

> > transcode is dead, let's accept it. And I see 11 packages that require
> > it. Either the dependencies are wrong or those packages should have
> > already started to move to something else. Those packages are usually
> > DVD related... we are in 2012!!! DVDs??? Who uses those any more?

> I maintaine some packages which are not updated for years, but used by
> other packages, like transcode. What's the alternate to DVD's on linux?
> Blue-Ray Disks with HDCP, AACS and BD+ or Video On Demand over Internet
> with DRM and no Linux clients? DVDs are well supported and CSS is no
> real problem, so it simply works with linux.
> As long as I can manage transcode to build with new gcc versions and new
> library versions from e.g. ffmpeg and no security problems are known,
> why should we drop it?

> > But more important. I somebody sees in the metadata that a package has
> > a maintainer (even if that maintainer is not available any more) he
> > is not going to offer himself to be the new maintainer.

> In the past we lost a lot of maintainer entries in the packages, I don't
> know when and why this happend. I'm also a littel bit confused, because
> osc commands have changed a while ago. I'm not sure, how to set
> maintainer entry for my packages once again.

osc -Apackman maintainer --add=username --role=maintainer \
Essentials transcode

"-Apackman" is assuming you have an alias "packman" on pmbs-api,
like this, in ~/.oscrc:
---8<--------------------------------------------

[https://pmbs-api.links2linux.org]
aliases=packman,pm
user=...
pass=...

If you need more permissions, please let me know (private email
or poke me on IRC, I'm yaloki on irc://irc.freenode.net/#packman
;))

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser