[packman] Maintainers speak up (was: Package update workflow?)

Cristian Morales Vega reddwarf at opensuse.org
Fri May 4 21:05:51 CEST 2012

On 4 May 2012 19:14, Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org> wrote:
> Well, the situation, right now, as I see it:
> * Manfred takes good care of a few packages that need some
>  experience with them, most prominently ffmpeg and xine
> * I'm staying on top of mixxx, MPlayer, smplayer and some jack
>  related packages (because I use them all the time)
> * almost everything else: has no maintainer and I'm jumping in
>  because no one else does
>
> Manfred, do you have other packages that you'd like to remain
> the sole maintainer of ?
>
> Or anyone else ? Please speak up so we can draw a map of what's
> actually maintained (and where maintainers would like to stay in
> charge). Everything else is up for takes.

I tried to keep the maintainer/bugowner up to date. I really maintain
these (even if I don't use some of them so much)

$ osc -A pm my -U RedDwarf pkg
Essentials/amarok
Essentials/gmtk
Essentials/kdemultimedia4
Essentials/kdemultimedia4-12.1
Essentials/kdemultimedia4-Tumbleweed
Essentials/mp4v2
Essentials/npapi-vlc
Essentials/opencv
Essentials/opencv-12.1
Essentials/strigi
Essentials/vo-aacenc
Essentials/vo-amrwbenc
Games/libdevil
Games/love
Games/scummvm
Games/scummvm-tools
Multimedia/aegisub
Multimedia/moc

I keep distribution specific versions of opencv because it's tendency
to break binary compatibility. And from kdemultimedia4 just because I
don't know what would happen if you mix latest ones with older KDEs.
You are set as the maintainer of gnome-mplayer/gecko-mediaplayer. If
you don't want them I will take them to complement gmtk.

I am used to the OBS informing me of upstream updates. How do you
manage it? Any scripts?