[packman] XBMC 11.0

Philipp Seiler p.seiler at linuxmail.org
Mon Mar 26 23:59:49 CEST 2012

Hi all,
On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 23:10:01 +0200
Mariusz Fik <fisiu82 at jabster.pl> wrote:

> Dnia poniedziaƂek, 26 marca 2012 20:45:12 Philipp Seiler pisze:
> > On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:12:51 +0200
> >
> > Sagi Ben-Akiva <sagiben at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello packagers and contributors,
> > >
> > > XBMC 11.0 - Eden was released 2 days ago.
> > >
> > > I think we should release packman office package for xbmc 11.0
> > > soon. I'm building xbmc from trunk (git source) for a while and
> > > would like to build xbmc 11.0,
> > > and need your advice :
> > > Should I override xbmc package from Multimedia project,
> > > or should I create a new package for version 11, e.g. xbmc-eden ?
> > >
> > > Currently I started a project named XBMC-Eden in my home project
> > > which we can use.
> > >
> > > What do you think ?
> >
> > I think we should name it xbmc as always. Eden is just the codename
> > and it isn't a fork or something. Also this makes the update
> > processes easier. zypper up and it's done.
> > When somebody installs both for example you must change the paths on
> > xbmc-eden in the spec file or this or it collides with the original
> > xbmc package.
> > And without eden its more clearly to see thats the "original" xbmc
> > and not a fork or a xmbc with extra patches/functionality or so.
>
> +1 for keeping xbmc name for 11.0 release. There is no reason to
> rename it!

If this build works correctly go for it. Do an submit
request ;) I want to see the changes.

I've some speed problems with some mp4 (h264 codec) and mkv files.
The videos are played with twice the speed as the normal rate.

I hope this gonna be obsolete with the new version.

Sorry for bad english ;)

> > OT:
> > Does the youtube plugin work with v11.0?
>
> Yes, it does.

with 10.x it doesn't work on my maschine. (x86_64)
But when it works with 11.0 again, everything is fine :P

Regards

Philipp

--
Philipp Seiler