[packman] A noise bug in gstreamer-0_10-fluendo-mp3

dh mesamoo115 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 25 20:52:18 CEST 2012

On Sunday, March 25, 2012, Joon Ro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this mailing list is the right place to report a bug,
> but I could not find any other place to do so.
>
> It seems there is a bug in gstreamer-0_10-fluendo-mp3 package. With this
> package, when I play certain mp3 files in Banshee or Amarok, I hear
> constant noises in the background.
>
> There is a related thread in the openSUSE forum:
> http://forums.opensuse.org/forums/english/get-technical-help-here/multime
> dia/472364-strange-noise-mp3-playback-banshee-amarok-not-mplayer.html
>
> The package in the update repo in openSUSE does not have this bug.

I have had the same issue, it seems to occur most frequently w/ mp3 files
that are encoded at 320kbps. I had gotten as far as deciding it was a
gstreamer issue, but hadn't gotten further.

Will try the gstreamer-0_10-fluendo-mp3 from updates to see if that helps.

Thanks for posting, it is a dificult issue to explain clearly.

--
see ya
dh