[packman] [PMBS] SR 245 Multimedia/libquvi

David Haller dnh at opensuse.org
Sun Jul 8 20:24:54 CEST 2012

Hello,

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
>On 8 July 2012 15:36, David Haller <david at dhaller.de> wrote:
>> Am Sun, 08 Jul 2012, Cristian Morales Vega schrieb:
>>>Would not make more sense to:
>>>
>>>a) Only build it for 11.4 since the other distributions already
>>>provide quvi in the default repos
>>
>> Even factory and multimedia:libs have no current versions and we need
>> an up to date quvi/libquvi/libquvi-scripts for clive and cclive. And
>
>OK. I was looking at the "BuildRequires:  libquvi-devel >= 0.2.0" line
>from cclive.spec. I see from configure.ac that it's actually >= 0.4.0.

Yikes! I missed that Require. I'll fix it.

>In such a case I have no problem with it being build for 12.1.
>
>> cclive is not in any repo I can find ATM with software.o.o, and with
>> 'osc se' I only find a 26months old 0.6.2 version in
>> openSUSE11.4:Contrib (and e.g. YT has changed stuff since then at
>> least twice).
>
>You can submit it to the main openSUSE repo ;-)

Packman is easier ;) And: multimedia:libs / Factory is somewhat
limited in for what you can build. Well, Packman's too. Guess I'll
have to have it in my OBS/PMBS:~ anyway, as a devel for
multimedia:libs -> Factory (or PMBS:Multimedia) ... *sigh*

>IMHO for .*quvi.* it makes more sense to submit an update to
>multimedia:libs

I guess.

>and, if cclive is in Packman, just link to multimedia:libs from
>Packman.

How? But anyway, while I'm at it, I might look into why cclive is not
yet in mm:libs (or wherever).

>Now Packman will have an updated version but openSUSE will
>be released with an outdated quvi. But it would not be he first
>case...

BTDT,GNTS. That was my idea, i.e. just get all those packages in one
place without worrying much about licensing etc. I dislike that
'linking' etc. aggregate? link? branch? copy?  *gah* (just so you know
my motivation).

-dnh

--
Since attendees must wear their name tags, they must also wear shirts
or blouses.  Pants or skirts are also highly recommended. -- RFC 1391