[packman] mldonkey from packman repo stucks at the beginning

Stefan Seyfried stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 23 10:27:14 CEST 2012

Am 22.08.2012 22:34, schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
> Hi!
> For a while now I'm having the same problem on a 32bit system (on 64bit
> mldonkey works fine).
>
> Since the static binary from the mldonkey homepage and a self compiled one
> don't show this behaviour, I decided to have a look at the packman package.
> I found out that the hang is caused by the mldonkey-
> fix_missing_return_in_non_void_functions.patch.
>
> This patch re-adds commented-out return statements to some i586 assembler
> functions. I guess they overwrite the actual result from these functions which
> then causes the hang later on. Removing this patch resolves the issue.
>
> So could you please remove this patch?

removing this patch makes the build service unhappy, since the compiler
(rightfully) assumes that a function with a return value needs to have a
"return XXX" statement. The obscure assembler code actually probably
does provide the correct return code, but the compiler has no way of
knowing this.

So for now I simply have disabled the assembler optimizations, now i586
build fine as the offending code is not used anymore.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Btw., there's also a newer version available in the meantime... (3.1.3)

I also updated the version while I was at it.
Please test, I just checked that it builds :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried
"If your lighter runs out of fluid or flint and stops making