[packman] something wrong with one of the repositories

Pat Pierce raker1000 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 08:56:30 CEST 2012

I had a problem with a repo tonight, and hopefully this will help someone
fix it.

I was trying to install a package, kdenlive, and zypper kept telling me
there was no such package,
even though I can clearly see it here:
http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_11.4/Essentials/x86_64/kdenlive-0.9.2-4.1.x86_64.rpm
Eventually, I tried a different mirror and that worked, so I think the repo
at
packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_11.4 has some problem with the index of
packages.

Some terminal output below that might help someone:
==================
# zypper ar -f -n packman-essentials
http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_11.4/Essentials packman-essentials
Adding repository 'packman-essentials' [done]
Repository 'packman-essentials' successfully added
Enabled: Yes
Autorefresh: Yes
URI: http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_11.4/Essentials

# zypper install kdenlive
Retrieving repository 'packman-essentials' metadata [done]
Building repository 'packman-essentials' cache [done]
Reading installed packages...
'kdenlive' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
No provider of 'kdenlive' found.
Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.

==================

# zypper rr packman-essentials
Removing repository 'packman-essentials' [done]
Repository 'packman-essentials' has been removed.

# zypper ar -f -n packman-essentials
http://packman.jacobs-university.de/suse/openSUSE_11.4/Essentialspackman-essentials
URI: http://packman.jacobs-university.de/suse/openSUSE_11.4/Essentials

# zypper install kdenlive
Retrieving repository 'packman-essentials' metadata [done]
Building repository 'packman-essentials' cache [done]
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Resolving dependencies...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following NEW packages are going to be installed:
  kdenlive melt