[packman] Live555 build?

Rodney Baker rodney.baker at iinet.net.au
Sun Apr 15 17:09:10 CEST 2012

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 00:28:46 Pascal Bleser wrote:
> On 2012-04-15 23:27:43 (+0930), Rodney Baker <rodney.baker at iinet.net.au>
wrote:
> > I note that live555-devel version 2012.02.04-1.1 is available in packman
> > but not the main live555 package. Can this be addressed please?
>
> There is none because live555-devel consists solely of headers
> and a static library, hence not requiring anything at runtime.
>
> Did you run into a package that requires live555 at runtime ?
>
> cheers

Thanks for your prompt response, Pascal.

No, unless you want to directly use the live555 tools themselves. It is also
optional for mplayer and ffmpeg and I'd like to be able to build them with
live555 support. The current devel package conflicts with the full build
package currently installed (2010.something) and yast wants to uninstall it to
install the current devel package.

If that is what is supposed to happen then fair enough. It sems different to
the usual way of having the main application/library packages and then a -
devel package with the header files required for compiling other apps against
it (assuming shared libs are built).

Maybe only this devel package is needed for compiling mplayer and ffmpeg with
live555 support?

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker at iinet.net.au