[packman] Inconsistencies openSuSE 11.4 / Tumbleweed / Packman Tumbleweed

Cristian Morales Vega cmorve69 at yahoo.es
Tue Oct 25 23:31:46 CEST 2011

On 25 October 2011 11:11, Carl Fletcher <caf4926 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/10/11 08:35, Michael Leun wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I run openSuSE 11.4 / Tumbleweed / Packman Tumbleweed.
>>
>> zypper verify at the moment shows the following inconsistencies (I
>> ignored some depencies to get installed, what I want...) which I
>> packman blame for:
>>
>> Problem: nothing provides libqt4-x11>= 4.7.3 needed by
>> kaffeine-1.2.2-1.pm.1.7.x86_64
>> Problem: nothing provides libqt4-x11>= 4.7.3 needed by
>> k3b-codecs-2.0.2-8.pm.13.16.x86_64
>> Problem: nothing provides libqt4-x11>= 4.7.3 needed by
>> k3b-2.0.2-8.pm.13.16.x86_64
>> Problem: kaffeine-lang-1.2.2-1.pm.1.7.noarch requires kaffeine = 1.2.2,
>> but this requirement cannot be provided
>>
>> The first three: There is no kde 4.7 in standard openSuSE / Tumbleweed
>> - should'nt packman tumbleweed built against what is in standard
>> repositories? Depency is>=, so newer KDE should work anyway, but older
>> will cause conflict in standard install...
>>
>> The fourth seems to be an side effect of the above ones, because
>> kaffeine is installed:
>>
>> jill:/home/ml # rpm -qa|grep kaffeine
>> kaffeine-lang-1.2.2-1.pm.1.7.noarch
>> kaffeine-1.2.2-1.pm.1.7.x86_64
>>
>> (please CC me, I'm not on the list)
>>
> libqt4-x11
> Is installed?
>
> I see it in Oss, Updates and my kdeR47 repo (not using tumbleweed)

Carl, in the mailing lists there is a higher probability than in the
forums that the user is actually reporting a real problem. Never
discard that possibility ;-)

Michael, you are totally correct. But that dependency comes from the
%kde_runtime_requires macro that, if hasn't changed location since
11.4, is in the kde4-filesystem package.

The thing is the package is building against a
"kde4-filesystem-4.6.5-4.2" but I don't know where it comes from.
11.4's is kde4-filesystem-4.6.0-4.1.x86_64, the Packman repo seems to
be well configured and the Tumbleweed repo hasn't a kde4-filesystem
package...
Perhaps Tumbleweed used to have that package and now is in a cache somewhere?