[packman] OpenShot won't start up in SUSE 11.4

Chuck Latterell redshirt at clearwire.net
Tue Mar 29 19:27:41 CEST 2011

Willem Franssen <willemfranssen at ...> writes:

> Hi,
> OpenShot 1.3.0-0.pm.8.1 does not start up in OpenSUSE 11.4 + KDE 4.6.0
> (Repeated request)
>
> Error:
>
> --------------------------------
>     OpenShot (version 1.3.0)
> --------------------------------
> Process no longer exists: 19280.  Creating new pid lock file.
> Error:  OpenShot has not been installed in the Python path.
> (Both the site-packages and /usr/share/openshot folders were checked)
>
> Use the following command to install OpenShot:
>    $ sudo python setup.py install
>
> Kind regards,
> Willem Franssen

Same problem. No startup, similar error message in terminal. Running OpenSUSE
11.4 Gnome, OpenShot 1.3. Ran across this bug report mentioning four Python
dependencies:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-bugs/2011-02/msg02834.html

Checked my system, three of the four were there, but python-imaging was not.
Installed it and OpenShot opens and runs. I'm in the middle of editing some
video now.

Hope this helps someone else.

Chuck