[packman] Packman: wrong repomd.xml signature

Joachim Schrod jschrod at acm.org
Sat Mar 19 14:40:29 CET 2011

oldcpu wrote:
> Was this fixed for Evergreen in Packman?
>
> I'm still getting (as of this morning) errors when trying to install
> from Packman Evergreen repository via YaST about a bad key. I received
> PM in the forum from others with same problem.

Yours is a different problem.

It seems that 11.1's rpm cannot handle the current Packman signing
key. That's an rpm issue, not a zypper issue. It was confirmed here
a few days ago; look at messages with the subject "RPM problem with
packet signatures (not zypper and repomd.xml!)"
Maybe that's because it's a 4096-bit key, but the root cause has
not been established yet.

Since there is no known way to turn off rpm gpg signature check in
zypper, Packman repositories cannot be used via zypper / yast for
11.1/Evergreen installations at the time.

	Joachim

Joachim Schrod				Email: jschrod at acm.org
Roedermark, Germany