[packman] Missing packages in oS11.4

Andrea Turrini andrea.turrini at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 23:23:42 CET 2011

On 03/12/2011 11:27 PM, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
> 2011/3/12 Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini at gmail.com>:
>> Hi all,
>> I have just updated my system from openSUSE 11.3 to 11.4 (x86_64) and I
>> have noted that some package is missing in packman.
>>
>> In particular, I am not able to find following packages:

>> cdparanoia
>
> What's wrong with the original openSUSE version?

Usually I prefer the packman version for all packages involving
multimedia. But if the two versions are equivalent, I can use the one
from openSUSE.

>> mplayerplug-in
>
> It seems it requires a too old version of xulrunner not available in
> 11.4. Quite normal since the project has been dead for three years...
> Any problem with gecko-mediaplayer?

Now that I know that gecko-mediaplayer is the replacement of
mplayerplug-in, I have no problem to use it, even if it involves
gnome-mediaplayer and my system is based on KDE.

Regards,
Andrea