[packman] Joining Packman

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Tue Mar 1 10:55:03 CET 2011

On 2011-03-01 10:38:23 (+0100), Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69 at yahoo.es> wrote:
> 2011/3/1 Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org>:
> > I approved your user account, but right now you can only build
> > in your home project.
>
> I don't have any specific thing to package rigth now (waiting to see
> what's not ported to the new BS), but creating submitreqs seems a
> better way to help with maintainership than emails. I created a
> "RedDwarf" account.

I was obviously kidding ;)

I confirmed your account, you can build anywhere.
For some packages such as MPlayer, ffmpeg, xine, and a few
others that are particularily fragile, it would be much
appreciated if you could make submitreqs instead of changing the
packages directly as, as said, some of those are pretty fragile
and their build/configuration has been carefully crafted
together over the years, including with upstream.

And when you do package stuff in the Packman repository, it
would also be much appreciated if you were hanging around in our
IRC channel (#packman at freenode) during that time, especially
in the beginning, it just makes it much easier to sync our
efforts.

Welcome to the club! ;)

cheers
--