[packman] Stripped-down ffmpeg?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jun 24 18:35:22 CEST 2011

todd rme <toddrme2178 at ...> writes:

> Currently programs openSUSE offers stripped-down versions of libraries
> like like gstreamer and vlc that exclude codecs that cannot be legally
> distributed.  As best as I can tell this is not the case, however, for
> ffmpeg.

Packman used to distribute a version of FFmpeg that could not be legally
re-distributed. This was fixed some time ago, if you believe that Packman's
FFmpeg version contains any code that cannot be legally distributed, please be
more specific.
(And note that there may be jurisdictions where it is not allowed to spread such
possibly harmful claims.)

Carl Eugen