[packman] SLE 11 repository not updated properly

Marc Schiffbauer marc at links2linux.de
Tue Jul 5 01:29:05 CEST 2011

* Marc Schiffbauer schrieb am 04.07.11 um 23:27 Uhr:
> * Stephan van den Akker schrieb am 03.07.11 um 09:28 Uhr:
> > Yast lists several newer versions for packages from Packman, but when I
> > try to update them i get an error message (example):
> >
> > Download failed:
> >      File
> > './Essentials/i586/gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-0.10.22-9991.pm.9994.12.i586.rpm'
> > not found on medium
> > 'http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/packman/suse/sle_11_sp1/'
> >
> > Checking the repository listed as "medium" by Yast shows newer package
> > versions than Yast is looking for. This is true for every mirror I tried
> > so far. Forcing a refresh in Yast doesn't help.
> >
> > I noticed that most of the files in the directory "repodata" have not
> > been update since 23 May 2011. Could this be the cause of the problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> Hi Stephan,
>
> I will check that. Many thanks for reporting.

Ok, I found the issue, seems to be a nasty bug in createrepo:

createrepo did not like the existing repodata anymore which made the
"createrepo --update" run fail (python errors...).

I do not know the reason for this though. But deleting old repodata
and creating from scratch produced fresh metadata.

Please test and let me know if some issue remains.

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134