[packman] MPlayer issues with DivX and VDPAU

oldcpu oldcpu at opensuse-forums.org
Wed Jan 26 21:33:38 CET 2011

I think you mean smplayer forces ffodivxvdpau and not mplayer ?

With mplayer, I can play divx and xvid videos with no problem with a
GeForce GTX260 and also a nVidia GeForce 8400GS, neither of which are
feature set C.  (I note feature set C is needed to play divx and xvid
with vdpau).

My wife's PC has a GeForce GT218 (which is feature set c) and it can
play with vdpau and mplayer using 'ffodivxvdpau' both divx and vdpau
movies fine.

Lee
aka oldcpu