[packman] problem with vlc player on SLED 11 SP 1

lertimir at centrum.cz lertimir at centrum.cz
Tue Jan 25 13:30:36 CET 2011

Helo,

I tried to install vlc player on Suse Enterprise linux desktop SP 1.
It is preinstalled system on HP Mini 5103 subnotebook.
I found information that packman has multimedia packages for SLED 11 SP 1.

repositories:
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/sle_11_sp1/
ftp://ftp.links2linux.de/pub/packman/suse/sle_11_sp1/
http://packman.inode.at/suse/sle_11_sp1/

VLC from repository doesn't work.

VLC claims that no video codec present on all films.

but from command
 vlc -vvv --color --no-plugins-cache --list

is clear that all codecs are present but some libraries are not present.
I think that dependency tree of the vlc package for SLED has errors. And the needed libraries are not properly linked

I include list of /usr/lib, output of

 vlc -vvv --color --no-plugins-cache --list &> vlc.txt

and snap shot of error screen (system is in czech language, but I believe that error is understandable.)

Could you look at it.

Thanks

lertimir