[packman] Is it possible for Packman to provide vdpau-video-nvidia?

Neil Darlow neil at darlow.co.uk
Sat Feb 26 10:27:05 CET 2011

Hi,

I am attempting to get VDPAU working (on 11.4-RC2-x86_64) with Packman's VLC
packages.

During the course of doing this I found that I needed vdpau-video-nvidia to
provide /usr/lib64/dri/nvidia_drv_video.so and the only place I could locate
this package was the VideoLAN repository.

Unfortunately there seems to be a compatibility problem because, although the
library loads, a segfault results within avcodec.

Is there any reason why Packman can't provide vdpau-video-nvidia to assure
that compatibility is maintained.

Regards,
Neil Darlow