[packman] Claws Mail 3.8.0 unleashed!!

Smartysmart34 smartysmart34 at web.de
Sat Dec 31 13:31:38 CET 2011

Am 31.12.2011 11:26, schrieb Guido Berhoerster:
> ...people can get it either through the oss repo of
> a released version or through Tumbleweed/Factory if they want to
> live on the bleeding edge.

Maybe someone can enlighten me on a specific topic: I am reading
different Mails here and someone speaks of OBS (Build Service) others
talk about OSS (which for me is the open Source software setup
repository of a Suse installaton?)

So as long as a specific Software is available in the default setup
repository, I'm fine with that. But if it is in Build service which for
me seems like a bunch of different repos of various quality and unclear
maintenance, then that's not an option.

To get my Suse setup up and running i used to have oss, non-oss, update
and packman in the past.

Now I have (besides the 4 mentioned above):

KDE:Extra for knutclient
Security:Passwordmanagement for Keepassx
KDE:Extra:KDE_Release_46_... for Luminance HDR
Graphics:Opensuse for Rawtherapee
Education for Scribus newer then 1.4 RC1
Videolan for libdvdcss

And if I want to check now, where Scribus 1.4 RC6 can be found: it is
available under
- KDE:Release:47
- KDE:Distro:Factory
- KDE:UpdatedApps
- KDE:Distro:Stable
- Education

And I'm only talking about Suse 11.4 here. This is close to ridiculous.

Fact is, that Suse 11.4 delivered scribus 1.4 RC1 through the default
setup-repository, which was almost unusable due to major bugs. And
instead of delivering subsequent RCs (2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - which fixed most
of the bugs) via update - where they belong - one is now forced to
include suspicious OBS-repos.

That's just one example of why I think OBS is the worst idea ever.

I'd rather go for default oss, non-oss and update together with all the
rest in packman.

Cheers,
Martin