[packman] Amarok & mp3-Files

Martin Schlander martin.schlander at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 10:31:40 CET 2011

Fredag den 16. december 2011 16:46:28 skrev Smartysmart34:
> I tried to play a mp3 file from 7digital.com in Amarok (Suse 11.4/64
> with packman-codecs) but the sound was heavily disturbed. Playing in
> Totem: Same issue.

Sounds like GStreamer issues. Did you try any non-GStreamer players (vlc,
smplayer, kaffeine etc.)

The simple solution is install phonon-backend-vlc, run 'kcmshell4 phonon' and
select VLC as your preferred Phonon backend. And at least Amarok should work
well, won't fix Totem or other GStreamer players of course.