[packman] MPlayer broken for .flv files

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Apr 26 17:14:33 CEST 2011

Olaf Hering <olaf at ...> writes:

> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory

This is reproducible with current Packman MPlayer:
MPlayer-config.patch (part of Packman's patches against MPlayer source) assumes
that if vo vdpau does not work, [vo.vdpau] profile will not be used.

I don't know if this is intended to work (I suspect the profile is loaded before
vdpau-initialisation fails), but I can at least confirm that it definitely
doesn't work.

Apart from that:
If joystick is not wanted, it can be disabled at compilation time, no reason to
do it at runtime.
vo=vdpau,xv should not be needed, it is the current default (if this default
changes, there likely will be a good reason)

The bug was reported earlier:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.package-management.packman/5434
Unfortunately, I didn't understand that the user had not manually added the
profile. (I had originally mildly protested against the changed config file,
though.)

Workaround is to either delete /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf or just the lines
"vo=vdpau,xv" and "vc=ff...".

Carl Eugen