[packman] MPlayer broken for .flv files

Dave Plater davejplater at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 19:38:05 CEST 2011

On 04/25/2011 11:37 AM, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, Dave Plater wrote:
>
>> I see that you have nvidia graphics, if I might ask which driver you are using?
>
> Its not nvidia.
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
> 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
>
> Olaf

Sorry, I jumped to conclusion after see your Mplayer output :
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1

If your system has had an nvidia run package installed at some time you may have some conflicting x and gl libs hanging around. If so you
need to find any libs with nvidia in the name, examine which package the came from and try to remove it with zypper or yast. If it doesn't
belong to anything, delete it. "rpm -q --whatprovides fullpath/libname will identify the rpm it belongs to. Especially look in
/usr/X11R6/lib and lib64 in an x86_64 system. You have to refresh your intel driver after doing anything. Mplayer is dependent on libvdpau1
I think.

Dave