[packman] [PM] MPlayer 1.0rc4_r33269-1.pm.1.1 (openSUSE Tumbleweed/i586)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Apr 17 23:14:44 CEST 2011

Jan Bart Spang (Medical Lab Scientist, Mallow <JanBart.Spang at ...> writes:

> I'm currently using openSUSE 11.4 x86_64 and DeVeDe seems to not produce
> any sound on finished DVD's. According to the DeVeDe forums
> <http://groups.google.com/group/devede-forum/browse_thread/thread/fe52bf
> 7f4892d823>  one user got it working by downgrading the mplayer and x264
> versions. Would you be able to provide me with the versions described in
> the thread or tell me how to obtain them?

Was the problem reported on mplayer-users or mplayer bugzilla (assuming it is a
MPlayer, not a MEncoder problem - MEncoder is not actively maintained, which
should not stop you from reporting problems on mencoder-users)?
Note that from tomorrow on, all MPlayer resources are likely to be down /
limited for some time:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.devel/59420

> I'd like to see if this solves
> my problem. There is a long thread on the openSUSE forums
> <http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/multimedia/4
> 57278-packman-switch-libav.html>

> about this problem and people seem to think it's an ffmpeg problem.

Please report FFmpeg bugs (including regressions) on
http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/report/1 (or ffmpeg-users).

Thank you, Carl Eugen