[packman] AC3 encoder broken - simply noise

Linuxoid Oz linuxoidoz at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 12 01:47:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

I spent 2 weeks trying to burn a DVD with K3B, DeVeDe, ManDVD, Kdenllive and don't remember what else in openSUSE-11.4 and KDE-4.6 (default install).

If I re-encode audio (AC3) then the sound is just cracking noise on both a DVD player and computer.

If I do NOT re-encode (that is leave audio as is in the file), then it's dead silence on a DVD player but sound is OK on a computer.

I did not have this sound problem in previous versions of openSUSE, only in the new 11.4 release. The others confirmed this problem (http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/456753-os-11-4-how-make-video-dvd-3.html).

Just want to let you know there is a problem with AC3 encoding and if you could please fix it. Because no DVD making program can make a DVD playable on a normal DVD player.

Thank you.