[packman] oracle related stuff

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Fri Apr 1 20:40:52 CEST 2011

On 2011-03-25 21:23:19 (+0100), Petr Vanek <petr at scribus.info> wrote:

Hi Petr
Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa for the delay :(

> I have a personal project in Packman's obs (home:pvanek)
> containing packages linked against Oracle Instant Client (a
> proprietary oracle driver/library). I talked with Yaloki and
> some other guys at the irc about some possibilities how to
> distribute it. Unfortunately we did not met on irc again until
> now...
>
> So. Would it be possible to include those packages in Packman
> repo (Extra?). FYI - I'm talking about opensource SW packaged.
> Not about Oracle's proprietary stuff - it has to be installed
> by user on his system as it's described in previous, but
> crashed, dedicated OBS/repo:
> http://download.yarpen.cz/

I've removed them from Extra again, reason being that people
who'd want to use Oracle related packages most likely won't want
to add Packman's Essentials and Extra repositories, especially
on servers :)

I created a dedicated "Oracle" project on the Packman build
service, and moved all the packages from home:pvanek there.

Note that the Oracle InstantClient (11.2) packages are now in
the (unpublished) project Oracle:InstantClient (instead of
Oracle:InstantClient:11.2), with a single repository in it,
"11.2".
That way, as the RPMs from Oracle are the same for all
openSUSE/SLE releases anyway, we just need to store them at one
place on the server, much easier to maintain.
I also added Factory, Evergreen, Tumbleweed and SLE10(SP4) as
build targets on Oracle.

You are listed as the maintainer of the Oracle top-level
project, so you can build + push changes directly there, without
having to go through your home:pvanek project.

I still have to take care of the publishing (rsync) of the
packages in the Oracle project/repository, I'll let you know
when it's done. I'm actually not sure whether they should be
pushed on the Packman server and mirrors, I think I'll rather
put them on opensuse-community.org instead.
The repositories there don't have any mirrors, but that's hardly
an issue (IMHO).

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser