[packman] Games in Packman

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Fri Apr 1 00:47:19 CEST 2011

On 2011-03-17 18:29:40 (+0100), Pavol Rusnak <prusnak at opensuse.org> wrote:
> Hi all!

Hey Pavol

> I am one of the maintainers of "games" repository in the openSUSE Build
> Service. I heard that there is an effort to push as many games from
> Packman to this repo as possible. I want to ask what would be the most
> convenient way for you to do it and how can I help with this effort.
> Also I took a look at the list and there are many packages which say:
> "This package has no releases." - does that mean that the game has no
> built binaries, but the package (spec+sources) is available, or that is
> should be removed completely (read: not imported to OBS at all)?

Well, as no one has commented (I personally don't maintain any
games packages)...

IMHO it would be better to move them to Games on
build.opensuse.org, indeed, as it has a lot more potential
maintainers there.

What I don't know is whether there are many of them that require
e.g. ffmpeg/libav or similar libraries that are only available
on Packman.

For everything else, as no one is replying... sure, why not,
just go ahead :D

Any comments/thoughts/knee-jerk reactions from package maintainers ?

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser
  /\\ http://opensuse.org -- we haz green