[packman] [PM] h264enc 9.2.4-0.pm.1.1 (openSUSE 11.3/noarch)

spasmus at gmx.net spasmus at gmx.net
Tue Sep 28 15:32:58 CEST 2010

  Dear Pascal,

I really appreciate your work in providing mutlimedia packages at
Packman. I am using openSUSE 11.3 64bit and the latest h264enc, MPlayer
and libx264 from the Packman repo.

However, I am having problems in using the latest h264enc script
provided by Packman. In the "official" thread at doom9 forum
(http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=134652&page=25) a current
problem is reported about hardcoded subs, which is fixed in the latest
package (9.2.8) by microchip
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/microchip8/openSUSE_11.3/noarch/).
I further have problems when including 2nd and 3rd audio tracks into an
MKV container. The 1st track works fine, but the others remain silent. I
assume it is a problem between incompatible version of mencoder, x264
and the h264enc/xvidenc script. Using the microchip package fixes the
problem with the subs but the problem with the audio tracks remains.

Would it be possible to update PackmanĀ“s h264enc to the latest version?
Or is it required to update the latest MPlayer and x264 versions as well
in order to solve dependency issues?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Michael